“Live out of your imagination, not your history.”
~ Stephen Covey
Do the following to expertly lead your team:
- Be a positive role model. If you don’t act in the manner you’d like your employees to act, they won’t.
- Be caring and supportive of employees by showing a genuine interest in them.
- Guide them but let employees set their own goals as then they will be more likely to achieve them.
- Ask employees to do things; don’t tell or yell at them
- Listen to employees and really hear what they’re saying
- Be open to your employees’ new ideas
- Give employees credit when credit is due. This will motivate them to be even more successful.
Check out The Leadership Blueprint
When you follow the Leadership Blueprint, you will multiply your team’s loyalty and productivity.
Today’s Question: What do the founding of Mercedes Benz and Wendy’s have in common?
Previous Question: In 1807, Robert Fulton’s steamboat traveled the Hudson River from New York City to Albany. In what country was Fulton’s steamboat previously launched?
Answer: Fulton previously launched his steamboat in Paris, France, on the Seine River, four years earlier in 1803. But it sank.
The lesson is this — The number of entrepreneurs who failed in their initial ventures is staggering. The key is that they weren’t afraid to either try or fail. And when they failed, they learned from their failures and were able to launch highly successful ventures thereafter. Both Edison and Dyson failed thousands of times before their core inventions worked. Perseverance is key!
Join our Tip of the Day
To get Growthink’s Tip of the Day delivered to your email inbox, enter your information below: