If you want your business to succeed, and / or if you need to convince investors or management to fund your initiatives, it is critical that you are equipped with the right industry, market and competitive data and intelligence that support and validate your business and growth plans.
Growthink conducts comprehensive industry, customer and competitor analyses in order to determine market opportunities. Our research team then assesses each of the opportunities, determines the optimal ones, and creates action plans for effective market penetration.
Importantly, our market research practice is supported by subscription access to most of the world’s leading research and intelligence databases, including IBISWorld, Statista, Capital IQ, Hoovers, Compete.com, Frost & Sullivan, First Research, DealNexus, and BizBuySell, among others.
Growthink’s Market Research Services
- Competitive Intelligence
- We define top competitors and analyze their strengths and weaknesses to help gain and steal target market share
- We identify opportunities and create strategies that will result in a sustainable competitive advantage.
- We help capitalize on emerging opportunities and identify areas for improvement.
- Customer / Consumer Research
- We help define customer segments, needs, and behaviors in order to identify unmet customer needs and/or opportunities for business growth.
- We help determine receptivity of new products or services.
- We help uncover the precise needs of customers, how these needs are currently being fulfilled, and what is required to better satisfy these customers.
- Industry Analysis
- We provide in-depth industry analysis, data, trends, market share and forecasts to help start and grow your business.
- We help understand predicted market conditions, as well as supply and demand within a specific industry.
- We provide valuable industry insight and trends to help determine marketing and growth strategies.
- Feasibility Studies
- We provide in-depth analyses to help determine how sound the current business ideas are and evaluate the project’s potential for success.
- We uncover the strengths and weaknesses of an existing business or proposed venture, as well as the opportunities and threats.
- We assess economic, technological, legal and scheduling factors to determine potential positive and negative outcomes of a project.
Growthink’s market research services span almost every major industry in the U.S. as well as many niche and international markets and industries.
Our research is an essential tool in helping entrepreneur’s successfully complete their business plans and investor presentations as well as understand their industry and market potential.
Industries in which we have extensive research experience include:
Our team of expert analysts has conducted research for hundreds of organizations including startups, middle market companies, Fortune 500 companies, educational institutions, non-profits and governments.
Representative clients include:
Dakim develops mentally stimulating and therapeutic activity devices that help sufferers of Alzheimer’s Disease retain brain functionality for as long as possible. Growthink provided a market assessment for non-drug Alzheimer’s-related products and services via both primary and secondary research.
Growthink worked with All American Football to size market opportunity for a professional, spring football league with games at traditional college football stadiums, and with the athlete alumni from those universities as players.
The Salvation Army
Conducted feasibility study for the Salvation Army to evaluate the business opportunity of a U.S.-Mexican border retail center where bulk or highly discounted items transported from other Southern California Salvation Army locations would be sold.
Performed feasibility study to qualify and quantify the market for new biotechnology application developed in NEC labs. Engagement involved analysis of competing technologies, primary interviewing of prospective customers, and marketing and sales plan recommendations.
Performed market assessment of business opportunity for a proprietary software algorithm that helps lower the investment risk of large drug development projects. Benchmarked product against competitor life-cycle management, traditional risk analysis, and business intelligence software. From this analysis, developed channel and marketing recommendations and financial model.
Assisted McKesson’s (NYSE: MCK) specialty marketing division in evaluating the target market and competitive landscape for an existing (10-year old) service platform via a combination of primary and secondary research.
Conducted research and analysis of the wireless music industry for diversified technology and services company (NASDAQ:INSP) that develops Internet and wireless solutions. Research included the competitive environment, strategies of content players, strategies of wireless carriers, technology opportunities and threats.
Evaluated divestiture opportunities and potential customer demand for financial services firm’s (NYSE: DB) proprietary technology platform via a combination of primary and secondary research.
Building on market and competitive research completed by Growthink, Apex by Sunglass Hut secured $10 million in capital and developed an expansion plan upon which they executed and expanded from 10 to 22 mall locations in the U.S. and Australia from 2013 to 2014.
We strive to fully satisfy the market research needs of our clients.
Below is a representative sample of what our clients have told us upon completion of their engagements.
I wanted to personally thank you for all of your hard work and dedication in developing the Broadway Remix business plan and the long awaited financial plan for our project.
We finally have the final and revised financial plan to date and will send it to everyone this coming Monday. Once I walk everyone through the document we will all realize the tremendous amount of research that was involved over the course of the last 3 months to prepare this document.
It is extraordinary and thank you to Growthink for a job well done.
Cap of Change
All of the research you put into this business plan has far exceeded my expectations and the eloquence you were able to communicate my idea is incredible.
I will be very proud to show this much better communicated version to everyone I present my idea to now whether they be partners, investors or members of the Cap community.
Your expertise presenting a financially sustainable explanation is greatly appreciated because there was no way I could even attempt to fill in the first cell.
Growthink provided ZeroChaos with very thorough market research on the Human Capital Management Space.
Their team was very responsive and helped us organize our thoughts in a business plan structure that expedited our quest for additional growth capital.
Growthink’s focus and persistence has been very valuable as our management team works to grow our revenue stream.
Click here to view more of our happy client testimonials.
To learn more about our Market Research Services,
Call us at 800-506-5728 or Complete the Form Below
What Our Clients Say
Market Research Services FAQs
- Qualitative market research is a type of market research that provides insights into people's attitudes, opinions, and perceptions. This type of market research is used to understand the "why" behind customer behavior.
- Quantitative market research is a type of market research that provides numerical data on market size, market trends, and other statistical information.
- Market-segmentation market research is a type of market research that segments the market into different market opportunities.
- Competitive market research involves studying and analyzing the strategies, capabilities, and activities of current and potential competitors.
- Define the market opportunity/problem.
- Collect market information (primary and secondary sources).
- Analyze market data to identify opportunities.
- Determine recommendations based on findings from primary and secondary sources.
- Develop an action plan to take advantage of market opportunities using market growth strategies.
Primary Data SourcesThe best source for marketing information is from customers. However, when research is conducted in a market that is different from the company's market, market researchers need market information from outside the organization. Primary data sources include customer experience surveys, focus groups, consumer attitudes, personal interviews, and direct observation. These sources of market data are considered primary because they usually provide the most current and accurate market information.
Secondary Data SourcesSecondary data sources provide market information from noncustomers. Secondary data can be either published or unpublished. Examples of published market reports include the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and trade magazines such as Music Trades. Unpublished market reports include consumer demographics available from the U.S. Census Bureau and reports from market research companies such as Nielsen. Secondary Data Sources include U.S. Census Bureau, market research reports from companies, trade magazines, and consumer demographics available from the U.S. Census Bureau.
Data MiningData mining is a process of finding patterns in large data sets involving methods at the intersection of machine learning, statistics, and database systems. Data mining typically involves market-segmentation analysis which identifies market opportunities based on unstructured data gathered through secondary sources.
Do you provide market reports after completing an in-depth market analysis of the company's chosen industry and competitors?
- market trends
- market size
- market share
- market growth
- market structure
- market opportunities
- strategic recommendations for business development
- market barriers
- market risks
- market entry strategies
- market exit strategies