One Really Big Organization that Wants You to Succeed
Written by Dave Lavinsky on Tuesday, June 30, 2009
If you own an existing business, or are planning to start one, there is one organization who really wants you to succeed.
In fact, this organization is even willing to loan you money to start or expand your business. And they will give you this money with favorable interest rates and payback terms.
That organization is the United States government.
The U.S. government has learned over time that giving capital to entrepreneurs creates more jobs, improves the economy, and expands the tax base. All the things they really want to achieve.
Many years ago the U.S. government set up the Small Business Administration (SBA) specifically to make loans to entrepreneurs and small business owners. In fact, the SBA currently has $45 billion in loans outstanding to entrepreneurs.
And, in addition to SBA loans, there are several kinds of debt capital that may be available to start or grow your business such as business lines of credit and traditional bank loans.
Each of these types of capital are covered in detail, including a step by step plan for getting these loans for your business, in our new report entitled "Growthink's Step-by-Step Guide to Raising Capital from Banks & SBA Lenders."
Among other things, the report covers:
* The differences between raising debt capital and equity capital that you need to understand (Page 2)
* The important elements of loans and what you need to know BEFORE you look for one (Page 7)
* Exactly what lenders are looking for when they consider whether or not to fund your business (Page 9)
* The biggest misconception about loans that keeps many entrepreneurs from getting funded (Page 11)
* One easy, but seldom used trick to maximize your chances of getting a loan on the best possible terms (Page 12)
* The key types of loans and what you need to know to make sure you get one that's right for your business (Page 13)
* The best way for startups to overcome a key SBA requirement and quickly get the perfect SBA loan (Page 19)
* Assessment of every type of SBA loan to allow you to quickly determine the optimum one for your business (Pages 19 to 24)
* The hands-down fastest way to get an SBA loan (Page 29)
* Growthink's proven 6-step formula for getting an SBA or bank loan (Pages 32 to 36)
* The 30 U.S. banks that are most likely to loan money to your business (Page 37)
To learn more, click here.
Share this article:
Products & Services
Growthink Around The Web
Best of Growthink
Looking for Opportunities Now? Join Jay's Newsletter! How to Write a Business Plan for Raising Venture Capital Top Seven Capital Raising Mistakes 20 Reasons Why You Need a Business Plan Top 10 Private Placement Memorandum (PPM) Mistakes The Secrets to Their Success? 25 Quotes From Famous Entrepreneurs The 6 Untold Reasons Why Businesses Fail 7 Entrepreneurs Whose Perseverance Will Inspire You Top 7 Myths About Starting a Business Business Exit Strategy: Planning to Sell Your Business How to Make a Business Plan Capital Raising Resource Center Investing in Private Equity via Your IRA