In your company analysis, you will detail the type of catering business you are operating.
For example, you might operate one of the following types:
- Wedding Catering: This is the most popular type of catering service. The menu offered will include a wide range of foods and various cuisines, along with drinks.
- Corporate Catering: Whether it’s for staff training sessions, office meetings or large corporate events, corporate catering services are always in demand.
- Social Event Catering: this type of catering company handles multiple event types such as retirement parties, backyard barbecues and birthdays.
- Concession Catering: Concession catering handles major public events, sporting events and seasonal events.
You can download our Catering Business Plan Template (including a full, customizable financial model) to your computer here.
In this section of your plan, detail the type of catering business you operate which may be one of the above, a combination of them or something new. Also, in the Company Analysis section of your business plan needs to provide background on the business.
Include answers to question such as:
- When and why did you start the business?
- What milestones have you achieved to date? Milestones could include sales goals you’ve reached, contracts secured, etc.
- Your legal structure. Are you incorporated as an S-Corp? An LLC? A sole proprietorship? Explain your legal structure here.