"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage." - Niccolo Machiavelli
As a Growthink Growth Advisor with over 10 years of advisory experience, Bret is responsible for the scope, design and management of consulting, business planning, M&A and financing engagements. Bret works extensively with growth stage companies to develop capital raising strategies and materials and proceeding through fundraising and capital transactions.
Notable Client Engagements Include:
• Private Placement / Reg D creation and ongoing advisory for established multinational commodity brokerage
• Business Planning and Financial Modeling for reinsurance / stop loss insurance for major liability holders
• Strategic Growth Planning and Retreat Moderation for a $300 million premier engineering firm with heavy emphasis on civil construction
• Market Research and Business Planning for established Australia-based telecommunications company with innovative smart phone to computer instant messaging solution
• Operational Expansion Strategy for industry leader in digital infrastructure space (e.g. data centers)
• Feasibility Study and Business Planning for Israel-based technology company bringing a social media platform, via integrating magnification, text-to-speech and speech-to-text to the blind and visually impaired
• Business Planning for cutting edge training apparatus, endorsed by NFL talent, catering to professional athletes and franchises
• Market Research and Offering Package Development for the expansion of a three location campus charter school network in Chicago
Prior to joining Growthink in 2011, Bret worked in Commercial Real Estate at CB Richard Ellis and in Commercial banking at US Bancorp. Each experience gave him the unique opportunity to advise corporations in a wide array of industries. Collaborating with corporate executives enabled Bret to maximize their potential and achieve positive results for their real estate based and financial transactions.
Bret received his MBA from USC’s Marshall School of Business and his Bachelor’s degree in Finance from the University of the Pacific.