Growthink Capital Research tracked $14.3 billion in new venture funding in November 2021 up from $12.0 billion in October 2021.
The month’s biggest funding event belonged to Sierra Space ($1.40 billion) a commercial space transportation company that facilitates the beginning of new civilizations beyond earth.
Forty-six companies raised $100 million or more in November. Other than Sierra Space, the 10 companies which raised the most are as follows:
- Nuro ($600 million) a fully autonomous, on-road vehicle that transforms local commerce through autonomous delivery.
- MoonPay ($555 million) a payment platform and infrastructure that facilitates and streamlines cryptocurrency transactions.
- Heyday ($555 million) a data-driven platform created to amplify marketplace brands.
- Impossible Foods ($500 million) plant-based meat substitutes that combine natural ingredients into food products.
- Helion Energy ($500 million) a patented plasma accelerator technology that addresses the growing need for clean energy.
- Socure ($450 million) a digital identity authentication technology and platform that mitigates identity fraud risks for financial, gaming, telecom and e-commerce industries.
- Faire ($400 million) an online wholesale marketplace designed to mitigate the burden of inventory risk for retailers.
- Niantic ($300 million) an augmented reality platform that enriches mobile gaming experiences.
- Verbit ($250 million) an interactive transcription and captioning software that generates detailed speech-to-text files.
- Deliverr ($250 million) a tech-enabled e-commerce fulfillment service that facilitates affordable, and hassle-free fulfillment for multi-marketplace sellers.
The hottest sectors for funding during the month were Biotech, A.I./Machine Learning, Business/Productivity Software, Cybersecurity, and E-Commerce.
Key funding events in each of these sectors for the month are below:
- Biotech deals included Shoreline Biosciences ($140 million), HotSpot Therapeutics ($100 million), Resilience ($80 million), Marengo Therapeutics ($80 million), Parthenon Therapeutics ($65 million), Viome Life Sciences ($54 million), Allorion Therapeutics ($40 million), BAKX Therapeutics ($25 million), Mekonos ($25 million), GRO Biosciences ($25 million) and GeneCentric Therapeutics ($7.5 million).
- A.I./Machine Learning deals included Verbit ($250 million), H2O.ai ($100 million), Kore.ai ($74 million), DeepCure ($40 million), Netomi ($30 million), Horizon3.ai ($30 million), Noteable ($25 million), Anyword ($21 million), Writer ($21 million) and WhyLabs ($10 million).
- Business/Productivity Software deals included Heyday ($555 million), HoneyBook ($250 million), ZenBusiness ($200 million), Cloudbeds ($150 million), Reprise ($62 million), Thoropass ($35 million), Whimsical ($30 million), Propelo ($12 million), Mediafly ($10 million) and Knowify ($5.5 million).
- Cybersecurity deals included Socure ($450 million), Contrast Security ($150 million), Drata ($100 million), SafeBreach ($54 million), UpStream ($45 million), Netography ($45 million), Ontic ($40 million), FingerprintJS ($32 million) and SnapAttack ($8 million).
- E-Commerce deals included Faire ($400 million), GrubMarket ($200 million), WatchBox ($165 million), Reibus ($75 million), 8fig ($50 million), Babylist ($40 million), Abound ($37 million), Hai ($6 million) and TheDrop ($4.6 million).
If you’re looking for outside funding to grow your company, please don’t hesitate to call us at (213) 927-3968 or fill out Growthink Capital’s contact form here.