Growthink Capital Research tracked $8.7 billion in new venture funding in June 2022 up from $7.8 billion in May 2022.
The month’s biggest funding event belonged to National Resilience ($625 million) an advanced biopharmaceutical manufacturing company that changes the way medicine is made.
Twenty-five companies raised $100 million or more in June. Other than National Resilience, the 10 companies which raised the most are as follows:
- Ultima Genomics ($600 million) a genome-scale sequencing technology that offers analytical services to enterprises.
- EcoVadis ($500 million) business sustainability ratings, intelligence and collaborative performance improvement tools for global supply chains.
- Shadowbox Studios ($500 million) a studio platform that provides blockbuster movie and television productions.
- OppZo ($260 million) an online financial platform that connects small businesses to public and private capital sources, enabling business owners to access funds within 24 hours.
- AlphaSense ($225 million) a web-based financial and company search engine that collects financially relevant data from various sources and then indexes them, making them searchable using Natural Language Queries.
- Knock ($220 million) an online real estate trading platform that simplifies real estate transactions and enables real estate agents and homeowners to buy and sell properties faster without a hassle.
- CoachHub ($200 million) an employee coaching software that provides personalized mentoring with live coaching sessions via video conferencing for employees of all career levels.
- Upstream Bio ($200 million) a biotech company that addresses allergic and inflammatory diseases.
- Metropolis ($167 million) a computer vision-based operating system that modernizes parking and facilitates the future of mobility.
- Shield AI ($165 million) a drone technology that protects service members and civilians with artificially intelligent systems.
The hottest sectors for funding during the month were A.I./Machine Learning, HealthTech, BioTech, Cybersecurity, and Business/Productivity Software.
Key funding events in each of these sectors for the month are below:
- A.I./Machine Learning deals included AlphaSense ($225 million), Shield AI ($165 million), Gloat ($90 million), Evinced ($38 million), Alice Technologies ($30 million), Opaque Systems ($22 million), EnsoData ($20 million), Eppo ($19.5 million), Kogniz ($10 million), Neuron7.ai ($10 million), Massive Bio ($9 million), and Heyday ($6.5 million).
- HealthTech deals included National Resilience ($625 million), Bicycle Health ($50 million), Hint Health ($45 million), L7 Informatics ($38 million), Proscia ($37 million), Medallion ($35 million), Post Acute Analytics ($30 million), Moxe Health ($30 million), Florence Healthcare ($27 million), Rivet ($20.5 million), Regard ($15.3 million), and SamaCare ($12 million).
- BioTech deals included Upstream Bio ($200 million), Code Biotherapeutics ($75 million), Dren Bio ($65 million), Endpoint Health ($52 million), Epic Sciences ($43 million), Watchmaker Genomics ($40 million), Anagenex ($30 million), PineTree Therapeutics ($23.5 million), MyOme ($23 million), Nacuity Pharmaceuticals ($16.54 million), and Swing Therapeutics ($10.3 million).
- Cybersecurity deals included AppOmni ($70 million), JupiterOne ($70 million), Whistic ($35 million), Normalyze ($22 million), DefenseStorm ($15 million), Cerby ($12 million), Opal ($10 million), Inspectiv ($8.6 million), Trinsic ($8.5 million), and HackNotice ($7 million).
- Business/Productivity Software deals included Performio ($75 million), AirSlate ($52 million), Stellate ($30 million), Bardeen ($15.3 million), LaunchNotes ($15 million), and 443ID ($8 million).
Take our Fundability Test. If you had additional capital, could you use it to grow your company? Or to fund a liquidity event for you and your shareholders?
We’ve built a unique network of 783 private equity firms, family offices, and ultra-high net worth individuals who are looking to invest in companies that they find to be fundable.
To see if your company qualifies, take our quick “Fundability Test.”
Companies that score 85 or higher on the test almost always qualify. Do you? Take our “Fundability Test” now to find out.
If you’re looking for outside funding to grow your company, please don’t hesitate to call us at (213) 927-3968 or fill out Growthink Capital’s contact form here.