Growthink Capital Research tracked $9.2 billion in new venture funding in August 2021 down from $10 billion in July 2021.
The month’s biggest funding event belonged to Eruditus, a company that provides executive education programs for mid-career professionals.
Twenty-nine companies raised $100 million or more in August. Other than Eruditus, the 10 companies which raised the most are as follows::
- Branch ($540 million) a deep linking technology that transforms how brands and users interact across digital platforms.
- DriveWealth ($450 million) a financial technology system that provides embedded finance and API-driven brokerage infrastructure.
- Rapyd ($300 million) a digital fintech-as-a-service platform designed to order cash, exchange extra foreign currency and send cash to friends.
- Sonoma Biotherapeutics ($265 million) a T cell therapeutics developer to cure autoimmune and degenerative diseases.
- Sightline Payments ($244 million) an electronic payments and mobile application development services that helps gaming industries move towards a cashless system.
- OwnBackup ($240 million) a cloud data protection platform that prevents and manages data loss and corruption crises.
- Form Energy ($240 million) a sodium-based energy storage system for renewable energy projects.
- Talkdesk ($230 million) a cloud-based call center software that helps growing businesses improve customer satisfaction while reducing costs.
- Reify Health ($220 million) a cloud-based healthcare software that helps accelerate the development of new, life-saving therapies.
- FalconX ($210 million) a digital asset trading platform that provides clients reliable execution using data science.
The hottest sectors for funding during the month were A.I./Machine Learning, FinTech, MarTech, BioTech, and Cryptocurrency/Blockchain.
Key funding events in each of these sectors for the month are below:
- A.I./Machine Learning deals included Overjet ($27 million), Sayata ($17 million), Vannevar Labs ($12 million), Cribl ($200 million), Involve.ai ($16 million), Urbint ($60 million), Shelf.io ($52.5 million), Balto ($38 million), Osaro ($30 million), ClosedLoop.ai ($34 million), Element5 ($15 million), Talkdesk ($230 million), People.ai ($100 million), Snorkel AI ($85 million), Zeni ($34 million), ZeroEyes ($21 million) and Yellow.ai ($78.2 million).
- FinTech deals included DriveWealth ($450 million), One ($40 million), Sightline Payments ($244 million), Aria Systems ($90 million), Klover ($60 million), Pave ($46 million), Carputty ($7.2 million), Octane Lending ($52 million), Rapyd ($300 million) and Catch ($12 million).
- MarTech deals included Nacelle ($50 million), Callvu ($8 million), Branch ($540 million), Correlated ($8.3 million), Mindtickle ($100 million), FullStory ($103 million), Wildfire Systems ($15 million) and MakerSights ($25 million).
- BioTech deals included Elixiron Immunotherapeutics ($27 million), Immunitas Therapeutics ($58 million), Vigil Neuroscience ($90 million), Sydnexis ($45 million), Sonoma Biotherapeutics ($265 million), Engrail Therapeutics ($32 million) and SeQure Dx ($17.5 million).
- Cryptocurrency/Blockchain deals included TrustLayer ($15 million), TaxBit ($130 million), Champ Titles ($8.5 million), FalconX ($210 million), Messari ($21 million) and Onramp Invest ($6 million).
If you’re looking for outside funding to grow your company, please don’t hesitate to call us at (213) 927-3968 or fill out Growthink Capital’s contact form here.