In your industry analysis, you need to provide an overview of the gas station industry.
While this may seem unnecessary, it serves multiple purposes.
First, researching the gas station industry educates you. It helps you understand the market in which you are operating.
Secondly, market research can improve your strategy particularly if your research identifies market trends.
The third reason for market research is to prove to readers that you are an expert in your industry. By conducting the research and presenting it in your plan, you achieve just that.
The following questions should be answered in the industry analysis section of your Gas Station Business Plan:
- How big is the gas station industry (in dollars)?
- Is the market declining or increasing?
- Who are the key competitors in the market?
- What trends are affecting the industry?
- What is the industry’s growth forecast over the next 5 – 10 years?
- What is the relevant market size? That is, how big is the potential market for your gas station business. You can extrapolate such a figure by assessing the size of the market in the entire country and then applying that figure to your local population.