“If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write something worth reading or do things worth writing”
~ Benjamin Franklin
Here are 5 ways to make your team more productive:
- Walk around the office (or give them a call if working virtually) to see what everyone is up to
- Ask people what they are working on
- Tell people they’re doing a good job
- Buy cookies or something else to show you appreciate your team
- Picture each of your team members as they looked when they were toddlers. This will force you to smile when you see them. And that smile alone will brighten their day.
My Proven Funding Strategy
Are you struggling to raise funding for your business?
Why reinvent the wheel when you can use my proven funding strategy:
Today’s Question: What product is considered the first to become a generic household term?
Previous Question: What invention originally failed as a new type of wallpaper, but later became wildly successful in the packing industry?
Answer: Bubble Wrap
Branded by Sealed Air Corporation in 1960, Bubble Wrap just never caught on as a wallpaper (thank goodness, although a room with Bubble Wrap walls would be pretty interesting). The product eventually had some limited success as an insulation material for greenhouses, but it wasn’t until several years later that its usefulness as a protective packaging material was stumbled upon. In recent years, the product has also found fame as a fun noise maker and stress reliever.
The lesson: if you create something unique but it doesn’t gain market adoption, look for different uses.
Join our Tip of the Day
To get Growthink’s Tip of the Day delivered to your email inbox, enter your information below: