UPDATE: Venture Capital Bootcamp is now live.
This Thursday, June 3rd at 12pm EST, we will be opening the doors
to Venture Capital Bootcamp, our 4-week online venture
capital coaching program. You’ll receive step-by-step training walking
you through the entire venture capital process from start to
Here's an overview of what we'll be covering each week...
Week 1: Preparing to Raise Venture Capital
During Week 1, you’ll learn:
* The pros and cons of debt vs. equity capital (and unique advantages of VC)
* Key venture capital terminology you must know to get funded
* How angel investors can help you raise venture capital
* What venture capitalists will want to see BEFORE writing you a check
* And more...
Week 2: Finding and Contacting Venture Capitalists
During Week 2, you’ll learn:
* How to create a targeted list of VCs who will actually want to hear your pitch
* Top mistakes to avoid when contacting venture capitalists
* 6 ways to get tons of VC meetings (even if you don’t have ANY “connections”)
* How to tell if a VC is serious about funding you (or just wasting your time)
* And more...
Week 3: How to Pitch Venture Capitalists
During Week 3, you'll learn:
* How to protect your business ideas when meeting with VCs
* The 10 things you must cover in your VC pitch
* Top venture capital presentation mistakes to avoid
* Effective follow-up strategies for after your VC meeting
* And more...
Week 4: How to Negotiate with Venture Capitalists
* When to hire a lawyer
* How to maximize your valuation (so you keep control of your company)
* What terms to watch out for in your venture capital “term sheet”
* How to prepare for venture capital due diligence, so it goes smoothly
* And more...
Also: Weekly Q&A Call-In Sessions
The weekly training modules will answer most of your
commonly-asked questions about how to raise venture capital. However, as
you really get into the venture capital process... and you start
contacting and meeting with investors, you’ll likely have questions
about what to do next.
That’s why I’ll be holding Four 90-Minute Q&A Sessions during VC Bootcamp, at the end of each week. Each session will last approximately 90 minutes.
Here’s the Weekly Q&A schedule:
Week 1 Q&A call: Friday, June 11 at 12pm EST.
Week 2 Q&A call: Friday, June 18 at 12pm EST.
Week 3 Q&A call: Friday, June 25th at 12pm EST.
Week 4 Q&A call: Thursday, July 1st at 12pm EST. *
* (I’ve scheduled the last call for Thursday, rather than Friday, so we won’t conflict with the Fourth of July holiday weekend.)
You’ll receive the dial-in instructions after you register for VC Bootcamp. And each Q&A session will be 90 minutes long, so you’ll have the opportunity to ask me any and all questions you have about how to raise venture capital.
And, if for any reason, you’re unable to attend one of the sessions, we’ll post recordings of the Q&A calls in the members’ area for you.
My Q&A calls are a tremendous opportunity for you to get all of your questions asked, so you can approach investors with greater confidence.
Plus: 1-on-1 Venture Capital Coaching
When you attend VC Bootcamp, you’ll also be paired up with your own personal Venture Capital Coach, for three 1-on-1 coaching sessions.
During these coaching sessions, your Coach will give you personal feedback on the three most critical elements of your VC campaign:
1. Business Plan Review
Your coach will review your business plan with you and give you feedback on how to make sure your business plan will impress investors.
2. Venture Capital List Creation
Your coach will help you create the perfect list of VC firms for you to contact, and will also help you craft the message you’ll use to line up face-to-face meetings with venture capitalists.
3. Venture Capital Pitch Feedback
Your coach will review your VC pitch with you, and will prepare you to answer all the tough questions that VCs are likely to ask you.
Limited to 150 Attendees
We are strictly limiting enrollment in VC Bootcamp to 150 attendees.
And that’s for a couple of reasons…
The main reason is because we have a small coaching staff. We only have the staff to coach 150 entrepreneurs at once. Our 10 coaches will be coaching a maximum of 15 students, each. I’m limiting each coach’s workload to make sure you get the personal attention you need.
The other reason is that I want to make sure that the Q&A sessions are manageable, so you’re able to get ALL of your questions answered.
Click here to register for Venture Capital Bootcamp