The other day I wrote an article entitled "10 Obstacles That Are Limiting Your Growth ." In it, I revealed 10 common things that block entrepreneurs and business owners from achieving the success they deserve.
Those 10 obstacles included:
1. Lack of Skill
2. Bad or Negative Attitude
3. Lack of Focus
6. Control Issues
7. Overworking Yourself
8. Seeking Approval
9. Lack of Creativity
10. Thinking Small
In this article, I will reveal 10 additional obstacles that might be impeding your success. Read each one carefully and mark down which ones might be hurting you the most:
11. Poor Organization - Failure in many businesses is simply the result of poor organization. Customers you didn't call back will do business elsewhere, etc. There are many tools both online and off available to improve organization. Consider using a virtual assistant to support administrative tasks.
12. Fear of Borrowing Money - Borrowing in business can be vital for innovation and growth. A business that simply seeks to maintain the status quo can easily slip. If you are afraid of borrowing to grow your business, your competitors can eat into your market share with better advertising, faster response times, and newer products.
13. Unwillingness to Spend Money - you can't be a miser and succeed in business. Sure it worked for Ebenezer Scrooge for many years, but he was a miserable being. Businesses need investment of capital to grow and keep up with changes market and technologies. Whether your own money or the bank's money, be willing to spend.
14. Unnecessary Stress - In the current business environment, it is easy to get stressed by constantly processing loads of information. Delegate tasks, avoid taking on more than you can handle, and build solid systems. Then every so often take some time off. Even taking a walk around the block or gazing at fish in a tank can help you to unwind.
15. Unhealthy Habits - It beats logic to become successful in business at the expense of your health. Treat yourself kindly. Exercise, eat healthy, get enough sleep, and allow yourself to have fun. Laugh, meditate, and do what you enjoy doing as long as it is good for your health.
16. Bad Environment - Dark, messy, cluttered or cramped premises do your business a grave injustice. Cleaning or changing your office can be the shot in the arm required for growth, creativity, and motivation. As the saying goes "you are a product of your environment."
17. Fear of Success - It is more common to hear about fear of failure. Fear of success is just as real, but a lot more subtle. Are you hesitant to pitch your product to the biggest buyer in town because you would have to double production? This fear can prevent you from doing what is required to succeed.
18. Lack of Trust - Trust is a vital for any business to prosper. A business without trust is like a house divided against itself. It can only fall apart. You need to trust your team, partners, vendors, and even customers. If you don't, you will constantly worry, and make decisions that can inhibit your company's growth.
19. Poor Communication - When communication is ineffective, this can pose a serious blockage in any business. Information, feelings, images and desires all have to be conveyed accurately for communication to be effective. Clear communication is vital for people to pull efforts and resources in the same direction.
20. Your Own Limits - How successful do you think you can be? Can you be the next Warren Buffet? Bill Gates? Oprah Winfrey? Have you decided that you are happy with 10 sales a month? Why? What about 15 sales? When setting goals, don't rely solely on what you know you can accomplish. Look at what is happening in the industry and create bold stretch goals that push you beyond your self-perceived limits.
Now that you have identified the areas that are blocking your success, it's time to take action. Start by figuring out which blockage is impacting you the most; that if fixed, would add the most to your success. Then, focus yourself for the next 30 days on fixing it. Within just 30 days you should be able to form new habits and/or new ways of acting that allow you to overcome your obstacles and grow your business.