Why I Hate & Love Mobile Marketing
Written by Dave Lavinsky on Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Mobile marketing is here, and it's here to stay.
2. I've seen kids spending too much time texting and playing games on mobile phones, when they should be reading, playing sports, doing school work, etc.
3. Texting and driving has gotten out of control, and has made driving much more dangerous (According to AAA, 46% percent of all teenage drivers admit to text messaging while driving).
4. I've seen too many cases of mobile phones being used to entertain children so their parents can converse amongst themselves. It just concerns me that kids brought up with constant entertainment and less inter-personal communications are going to have issues later.
2. Mobile marketing incurs a very low cost. Mobile advertising is relatively inexpensive. And mobile marketing activities like sending text messages only costs pennies.
3. Some forms of mobile marketing are very intrusive and thus get seen. Text messages are highly effective. In fact, according to the CTIA Wireless Association, while it takes 90 minutes for the average person to respond to an email, it takes just 90 seconds for someone on average to respond to a text message. Likewise, most mobile ads are more intrusive, and thus more seen by customers, than ads in other media like print and web.
4. High response rates: Response rates to mobile marketing are nearly 5 times higher than response rates to print advertisements.
Share this article:
Products & Services
Growthink Around The Web
Best of Growthink
Looking for Opportunities Now? Join Jay's Newsletter! How to Write a Business Plan for Raising Venture Capital Top Seven Capital Raising Mistakes 20 Reasons Why You Need a Business Plan Top 10 Private Placement Memorandum (PPM) Mistakes The Secrets to Their Success? 25 Quotes From Famous Entrepreneurs The 6 Untold Reasons Why Businesses Fail 7 Entrepreneurs Whose Perseverance Will Inspire You Top 7 Myths About Starting a Business Business Exit Strategy: Planning to Sell Your Business How to Make a Business Plan Capital Raising Resource Center Investing in Private Equity via Your IRA