[To listen to a recording of the webinar, Click Here]
On this recorded webinar, the Growthink Innovation Series turns to the transformative world of financial technology.
According to PWC, within the next 3-5 years, cumulative investment in FinTech globally could exceed $150 billion. Quite simply, the digital, mobile, and Internet revolutions are transforming the way customers access financial products and services of all types, and across all consumer and business sectors.
Traditional financial products and services being fundamentally disrupted by these new digital technologies include consumer and commercial banking, fund transfers and payments, investment and wealth management, insurance, and investment banking.
Webinar Description: Entrepreneurial and Investment Opportunities in Fintech
You’re invited to listen to a webinar, hosted by Growthink co-Founder and Managing Partner Jay Turo, where a select group of Fintech entrepreneurs and investors will share how they and their companies are winning in this incredibly dynamic space.
The panelists are:
- Mr. Rafe Furst, Co-Founder Crowdfunder. Crowdfunder is the equity crowdfunding leader for sourcing and funding high-growth ventures with a network of over 130,000 entrepreneurs and investors. Crowdfunder and its VC Index Fund provide the opportunity for direct online investment into single ventures, as well as diversification into a broad VC-led portfolio (Index Fund) of early-stage startups – backed by many of the world’s leading Venture Capital firms and private investors.
- Mr. Alo Ghosh. Alo Ghosh has over 35 years of experience on the frontiers of FinTech including teaching finance at Wharton, co-leading McKinsey's Finance practice, running a $4 Billion sovereign wealth fund, and is now an angel investor in 2 deep learning based FinTech startups.
- Mr. Steve Hensley, Executive Vice President at KAL Software, a global software company operating at the forefront of the ATM industry. KAL’s product suite of applications, management servers and platforms enables ATM hardware, software and services from multiple vendors to work together perfectly.
- Mr. Matt Stewart, Senior Marketing Manager, LendingTree (NASDAQ: TREE). LendingTree is an online lending exchange that connects consumers with multiple lenders, banks, and credit partners. Since being founded in 1998 LendingTree has facilitated more than 32 million loan requests.
- Mr. Ned Tobey, VP Product Management, Q2 Holdings (NYSE: QTWO). Q2 Holdings is a leading provider of secure, cloud-based digital banking solutions. Q2 empowers community-focused banks and credit unions with digital banking solutions that help them "scale smart and grow beyond" with retail and commercial account holders.
On the webinar, the panelists answer questions including the following:
- Where are (and will be) the biggest areas of financial industry disruption and change and why?
- How is the real / impactful is the world of mobile payments and where is it going?
- What does financial disintermediation really mean? How much savings / efficiencies gained is there in peer-to-peer financial platforms like Prosper, Lending Club, et al?
- What happens to "cash" in this coming "cashless" society? What does this mean for globalization and traditional concepts of national sovereignty?
- Which are some "under-the-radar" FinTech companies and entrepreneurs that smart investors should really be watching?
Listen to the webinar via the below link: