Later Stage Growth & Expansion: Companies
Exploring New Markets, Products, and Divisions
Growthink works with rapidly-growing middle market companies and successful business owners to explore the viability of expanding into new markets, launching new divisions, or developing new products.
Unlike other consulting firms, Growthink focuses solely on entrepreneurial endeavors which have many unique challenges and opportunities. Growthink is typically hired by a Company’s management team to develop a tactical strategy in order to enter a new market, create a business plan around a new product or service, or provide advice on the viability of spinning off a non-core asset as a stand-alone company.
Business plans for entrepreneurs and companies in this situation are both similar and different to start-up business plans in a number of ways:
- Reliable market research and data collection is absolutely critical to drive effective strategic decision making. Growthink collects and reviews all available data from a variety of primary and secondary sources to determine credibility, and uses this data to build the framework for understanding market size and trends, customer attitudes and concerns, and competitive strengths and weaknesses.
- Developing a realistic financial model based on market data, past Company experience, and our best practices is many times the most important deliverable and planning tool a client receives during their engagement with Growthink. The model is “assumptions driven” and flexible—meaning that it can be used to test different scenarios such as examining sensitivity to the business’ key drivers. The model takes into account a Company’s “hurdle rate,” or expected internal rate of return to allow management to decide on a best course of action forward, whether to integrate the product within a Company’s existing business, spin the concept out, or to discontinue the project.
For over fourteen years, Growthink has been the market leader in developing strategic plans for growth-oriented companies, resulting in hundreds of millions of dollars in revenues for our clients.
800-216-3710 to Speak with a Growthink Consultant
Or, fill in the fields below and a Growthink professional will contact you shortly.
Important: Growthink will never share or sell your personal information and we will keep all
business information completely confidential.
Paramount Parks is an operator of theme parks and attractions, which annually attracts around 13 million patrons. The company engaged Growthink to conduct a feasibility study to assess the validity of expansion into the Japanese market. The services that Growthink provided were as follows: Feasibility study, market research, land acquisition costs, and global expansion assessment.
Porsche Design Group is a majority-owned subsidiary of Porsche. The company’s activities are focused on the business areas of Porsche Design, Porsche Design Driver’s Selection and the Porsche Design Studio. Growthink was retained to design and draft a business plan to extend the Porsche unique male luxury brand positioning into the retail arena -- specifically sunglasses, leather goods, golf, and electronic products. The business plan and findings were presented directly to the Porsche family, which fully backed it. The Porsche Design Group has since grown dramatically and now operates in a number of retail locations in the United States and worldwide.
McKesson Corporation (NYSE: MCK) is the leading provider of supply, information and care management products and services designed to reduce costs and improve quality across healthcare. Growthink assisted McKesson’s specialty marketing division in evaluating the target market and competitive landscape for an existing (10-year old) service platform via a combination of primary and secondary research. Today McKesson generates annual revenues in excess of $50 billion.
Terex, Incorporated (NYSE: TEX) is a $9.1 billion dollar manufacturer of heavy equipment for the construction, surface mining, transportation, shipping and refining industries. Growthink advised the company on its strategic planning and business development initiatives, in which larger organizational trends were identified, discussed, revised, and implemented.
The Great Place to Work® Institute, Inc. is a consulting and publishing organization best known for its annual "100 Best Companies to Work for in America" list. Based in San Francisco, with affiliates around the world, the Institute was struggling to identify methods to diversify and grow its business lines. The Institute came to Growthink for guidance, and engaged Growthink to undertake an in-depth analysis of each of its business units, its organizational structure, its cash flow, and to perform a valuation of the business. Growthink presented a comprehensive restructuring plan which was implemented by executive management.
Hooters of America, Inc. is the Atlanta-based operator and franchiser of over 435 Hooters restaurants in 46 states. Growthink was retained to assist in the development of Hooters’ franchise expansion plan for the island of Guam. During the project, Growthink conducted market research, surveyed the competitive landscape, built a detailed financial model and developed the business plan. Since working with Growthink, Hooters launched operations in Guam and maintains the country's headquarters in the city of Tamuning.
NEC Corporation is one of the world's leading providers of Internet, broadband network and enterprise business solutions worldwide. Growthink was retained to perform a feasibility study for NEC to qualify and quantify markets for new biotechnology applications developed in NEC labs. During the engagement, Growthink analyzed competing technologies, conducted primary interviews of prospective customers, and developed recommendations for the marketing and sales plan.
Free Tips for Developing
A Great Business Plan & Raising Capital
- Discover sources of capital you didn't know about
- Learn insider tricks for expertly completing your business plan
- Find out why most business plans fail and what to do about it
- Tips for quickly growing a successful business